MENU

Tanah Merah District Council

  • Established in 1952 to handle the administration of Tanah Merah town. An area of just 1.95 km², which expanded to 10.4 km² by 1958.

  • Upgraded as the Tanah Merah Municipal Board in that same year

 

Gual Ipoh Local Council

  • Established in 1962 to handle the administration of Gual Ipoh, with an area of 7.8 km²

 

Kusial Baru Local Council

  • Established in 1962 to handle the administration of Kusial Baru, with an area of 2.6 km²

These three administrative and enforcement entities merged in 1979 as the Tanah Merah District Council under the Local Government Act 1976. Apart from these stated areas, its jurisdiction covers Bukit Bunga, Batang Merbau, Batu Gajah, Kuala Tiga and Bukit Panau, for a total area of 136.6 km².